Saturday, May 3, 2014

Yet again, the end is coming

Wow, the last month has been action-packed. I've been (somewhat) preparing for studying abroad while studying for (and sitting for) the 3rd actuarial exam, Exam MLC. I've gone out to dinner with my best friends, had my last bible study of the year, and last night went to the Actuarial Science and Risk Management/Insurance banquet. And now, it's time to prepare for my 5 final exams and 2 final papers. It is, officially, nearing the end of the semester.

In under 100 days, I will be in Oslo, Norway. This is absolutely crazy! There have definitely already been some trials and things that have not gone as planned, but I'm crossing my fingers that this is all just part of the experience. The program is starting earlier than I was anticipating, no one from Madison will be attending with me, and a few of the classes I wanted to take are not offered in the fall. I'm very anxious about travelling alone, but for now I'm just doing my best not to think about it. My plan is to get through the end of the semester, and then finalize things like my visa, ticket, housing, etc.

EXAM MLC IS BEHIND ME. Again, this is hard to believe. I have been preparing for this exam since the beginning of September, and intensively for the past month and a half. This year was the first time that it included a combination of multiple choice questions and written answer questions. I know that some people struggled with completing the exam within the allotted time, but thankfully I finished. The results aren't released for 8 to 10 weeks, so for now it's time to just wait! It's hard to guess as to whether or not you passed, because the pass mark is so up in the air, but right now, I'm feeling pretty good. I'd say there's around a 75% chance that the beginning of July will bring me good news!

In the little free time I've had, I've walked down to the farmers' market on Capitol Square, had Culver's with my bible study, watched the Badgers play in the Final Four game (although sadly with a heartbreaking loss), gone out to dinner with some of my best friends, and gone on a creative date that included a bonfire at picnic point and a scavenger hunt around campus. It's been a great, though sometimes stressful, few weeks. I'm excited to make the most of the last few weeks I have with my friends here, before moving back to Oshkosh for a few weeks, then starting my internship in Brookfield.

I hope that you are all enjoying the springtime (and I hope it has been warmer wherever you are than it has been here!).
-T

No comments:

Post a Comment